Whether choosing one of the many beautiful venues in the area or having your wedding, bridal shower, business function or rehearsal dinner, we provide a full range of catering services. The Local provides full-service event planning and day-of coordination services in which our planners will work with you to make your vision become a reality.
The Local’s experienced catering coordinators are here to make your catering experience a breeze. Here are some helpful starting points to consider when starting to plan your event :
- Decide on a catering and overall wedding budget.
- Pick a date and time of day for your event.
- Estimate your guest count.
- Choose a venue (please see our recommended vendors for some great suggestions!).
- Determine your desired service style (the next page has pointers!).
Here is what you can expect if you choose to work the Local
- First-Time Consultation: Our first meeting with you can be done by phone, email or in person at the Local. Our coordinators will become familiar with your vision for your event and what services you are interested in us providing for you.
- Customized Proposal: Following your initial consultation, our coordinators will customize your event proposal. Our proposals are “working proposals”, meaning we are happy to make changes for you until you are satisfied that we have met your vision.
- Scheduled Tasting: Our complimentary tasting is a way to make certain you select your ideal menu. You may choose to have a tasting either before or after you sign a contract. Please see our tasting PDF for details.
- Contract: Once you are happy with your proposal we can secure your date with a deposit, and we will send you a contract confirming the details. Remember, even after signing a contract with the Local, we are happy to make changes and updates for you along the way!
- Coordination of Rentals: We will work with you to coordinate any rentals you will need for your event. We work with several Local rental companies who will bill us directly so you will only receive one bill at the end of the day. We do not charge extra for this service as our goal is to make sure you have everything you need to make your event a success!
- Venue Walk-Thru: A few months prior to your event date we will set up a walk-thru with you at your event venue. We will help go through your floor plan and any logistical questions that may arise.
- Final Steps: Approximately two weeks before your wedding, you and the catering coordinator will review and finalize all details. We are happy to change any final counts and final rentals up to 14 business days prior to your event.
- Have More Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions!
Event Planning Services
Our catering offers full-service event planning, in which our planners will work with your clients to make their vision become a reality. Our dedication to customer service will make your experience one of a kind. A unique feature of the Local is that we offer Day-of-Coordination services for our clients.
The Local has experienced wedding planners that can also offer Day-Of coordination services which include:
- Several meetings by phone or in person
- Vendor recommendations and budget consultation
- Construction of the time-line for the wedding day (or weekend)
- Successful execution of rehearsal, ceremony and reception
- On-site vendor coordination and construction of a vendor timeline
- Over-seeing of set-up and break-down and the management of all remaining details
- Assistance with any specialty decor
Most importantly we will serve as the “go-to” person to handle any issues that may arise to ensure that you stay stress-free on your wedding day!